Saturday, February 4, 2017

3 Images (Feb 4th, 2017)


America's favorite sound guy Erik Naumann. I couldn't resist framing  Erik in my Magnum P.I. shirt in front of these drapes. I think it's pretty funny overall. There is a part of me that is bugged since it reminds me of Zach Braff movies, but oh well. The principal of flat space is illustrated quite well since he blends into the back ground and everything just looks red except his face.


We were parked next to a snow bank and I found a little toy dog in our car. This is the result. I tried to go for an image similar to the one we saw from the example of Hero. Obviously the dog's color pops out more than the characters did in the scene, and if I had a white husky dog or something, I think things would have worked out even better.


I know the assignment was flat space, but I caught this one as I walked my kid to school the other day, and I couldn't resist using it as an example of deep space. I was excited because it was very candid, and yet this image blows all my images out of the water from when the assignment was deep space. Everything about this works for me, the lines vanishing on the horizon, and the story of a kid running down the street just make this a fun image.

1 comment:

  1. I love that photo of Erik! That was funny. You also did a great job creating flat space with that dog picture. The affinity of color is probably a huge part of that in addition to the shallow focus. And, even though it is deep space, that last picture is great. It looks staged because it came out so nice.

    ReplyDelete