Saturday, March 18, 2017

3 Images (March 18th, 2017)

 For six years this was my back alley way to get from my apartment to my garage. I loved walking down this street everyday. Since I was back to film there, I decided to take a picture and I realized that there were lots of lines that make this even more enjoyable. Lots of vertical, and lost of horizontal. My only problem really is the exposure, I would like to have seen more on the fire escape side of the two buildings so you could make out all the lines there more easily.
 This was one, where my goal was to essentially create a very subtle coke advertisement. I just loved the way this bottle was lit up in the setting sun, and how the line draws you to it. I think it would be better if the image was flipped, but still pretty happy. It reminds me of the shot in Superman (1979) where the cheerios box is so lit up on the Kent family breakfast table.
Okay, so this is kinda a cheat since it's a shot from the capstone, but I tried all day to get an image of the director and DP that had this type of framing, and when I finally did, I was pretty happy with the results. Oscar's placement as well as Maria's isn't ideal, but I do like the rest of it. This is the negative scanned into my computer and inverted in photoshop. Also, I can't do much about the solarization on the negative, so for this, don't read too much into tone, or black and white. It's all about the composition for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment